Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a Panasonic RC-6493!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a Panasonic RC-6493!

I was digging around in a dirty dusty garage continuing my hunt for estate sale goodies, when I found a Panasonic RC-6493 flip clock. I used to have one of these when I was a kid and was always fascinated by those flipping numbers! I had no expectations of it working being it was buried in a garage, but I plugged it in and the radio worked! That's a good thing, so I pushed the buttons to flip the numbers and they flipped like brand new.

I walked off for a few minutes and came back to the clock, only to find the time remained the same. Not good, the motor must be dead I thought. None of the bulbs work either, so I'll need to find replacements for those.

I really like this clock and hope to restore it to it's former glory, looking forward to receiving help from any of you guys here!

It's a fun restoration. Just don't be in a hurry. It's nice to have a place you can just leave it lay for a while if you need a break.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

I have a work area where I repair vintage hifi items and I'm always leaving stuff lay for a while when frustration sets in, LOL! I'm in the middle of restoring a receiver now but am looking forward to completing it to get started on this clock.

Comment

Working...
      X