Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haverdigit Watches - Flip Clock of the wrist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haverdigit Watches - Flip Clock of the wrist

Just digging in an old TIME magazine and I came upon an advertisement for the Haverdigit watch. The text of the ad is way out there. It's like they were trying to pull a Jedi Mind trick on the people.

"Let's face it - most often when you look at your watch you don't really know what time it is, because you get only some approximate impression of the position of the hands. But this cannot happen with Haverdigit. Because Haverdigit gives you direct digital read-out, which means you know exactly and at a glance that it's 1:17, rather than sometime between 1:00 o'clock and 2:00 o'clock."

How about, "let's face it" they actually taught me how to read a watch in school back in the day.

Gotta love the 70s

Just to put it into perspective. This nice ride was being advertised in the same magazine Click image for larger version  Name:	pinto.jpg Views:	1 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	2842

See the article for more details
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

You know, now that I think about it, the Haverdigit would be like the Ford Pinto of Jumphour watches. The Rolls-Royce of "jumphour" watches has to be the The A. Lange & Söhne Zeitwerk check out this article - great detail and info). We've talked about it before but it bears repeating. If you have an extra 50-60 thousand dollars you can get one too. I've seen a used one for $35,000.00, if anyone's interested.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
    X