Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic RC-7469 Flip Clock - The Cameron - New in box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic RC-7469 Flip Clock - The Cameron - New in box

On of the biggest deals in flip clocks in quite a while is playing out on eBay.
    View item on eBay

There is a unopened, new-in-box Panasonic, RC7469 up for grabs and the current price is $380.00 as of Sunday, February 05, 2017 08:20:45 PST (that's official eBay time).
    I'm predicting this thing will make it to the $500.00 mark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7469.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	571.0 KB
ID:	2465
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

I was wrong. It sold for $380. I doubt we'll ever see a new in box RC-7469 again.
    From my newspaper ad research, the clock was sold back in 1971 for $59.95.
    Thats equivalent to $363.66 in today's dollars.

Cant wait to show you what it looks like!

Comment

Whoa! You got it? Nice one. Might be worth an unboxing video. I use one of those as my regular alarm clock. Fantastic vintage hardware!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Miller View Post
        Whoa! You got it? Nice one. Might be worth an unboxing video. I use one of those as my regular alarm clock. Fantastic vintage hardware!
        Yep. It's mine! I'm definitely going to do the unboxing video. I sure hope it is actually new in box. That's pretty amazing really. A clock that big and relatively expensive remaining in the box. There can't be many of those. I'm not sure exactly what will come of it. I bought a new in box RC-6015 just to see what it was like, and then eventually sold it.

I'm hoping to get reprints of the instruction book done. We'll see.

Comment

Congratulations Mackey. Hope it's all there. Reprints of the book is a great idea. Where do people find things like this new in the box? Pretty crazy.
          PS: If you do decide to sell it, let us know out here. The one I have now will probably last past my expiration date, but I'd still be interested : )
          Last edited by Matt Miller; February 6, 2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Matt, I definitely will let the crew here know if/when I plan to sell (a member actually bought the RC-6015 I sold in the past).
            I'm a little concerned that it may not actually be what's it's cracked up to be, as the seller didn't actually investigate. It could have been a damaged return for all we know. But I guarantee that if it is, he'll be refunding my money! That's a lot of dough!
            That did happen to me once. The seller didn't look at the clock and sent me a not-so-new in box. But that was only a small Copal.

It kind of cracks me up that people are afraid to open them up. These aren't star war figures destined to live their lives out in a box. These things were meant to be taken out and seen.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with ya. I think that's the difference between a collector and an enthusiast. An enthusiast wants to take it out, handle it, use it, maybe open the cabinet and check it out. A collector is satisfied dusting the box off occasionally.

Hope it's real. Super rare find. Sending positive vibes!

Comment

I frankly have never considered the difference between the two .... collector vs enthusiast. I'm squarely in Enthusiast (Fan) column. I can totally appreciate handling a clock, fixing it and letting it go. I just enjoy the retro of it. Flip clocks hold a place in time when tech was just starting to take off. It was the 60s-70s "space age" moving towards the "digital age" .... but not quite, yet, really digital (in spite of the makers plastering "DIGITAL" on their products (see image below for an example).
                Baycrest Model HB-23

Comment

It sure is a stand out era for me, being an old tech geek.

Comment

Congrats Mackey! I was going to try and bid on it when I emailed you, but decided to not break the bank Lol! Or did you already know about it being on eBay?

I feel I have done well, considering in less than 3 days, I have managed to purchase one of my dream clocks the Panasonic RC-6015 and a RC-6030. Then, just last night on shopwgoodwill.com, I won the auction for another dream clock the Panasonic RC-6025!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan W. View Post
                      Congrats Mackey! I was going to try and bid on it when I emailed you, but decided to not break the bank Lol! Or did you already know about it being on eBay?

I feel I have done well, considering in less than 3 days, I have managed to purchase one of my dream clocks the Panasonic RC-6015 and a RC-6030. Then, just last night on shopwgoodwill.com, I won the auction for another dream clock the Panasonic RC-6025!!!
                      Good job on getting the 6025! Getting harder to find those.

Yes, I was watching the auction for the Panasonic RC-7469 the whole time it was up. First just as a curiosity, then I decided that if it didn't go for over 400 that I Should go for it. My max bid though was only 385.

Comment

Yeah, I did a google search and came upon the listing. I was like, whoa! I saw this guy had listed one in eBay, but $389 seemed quite high. I even tried to negotiate a price with him to no avail.

I'm so excited and cannot wait to see the visor of the unboxing.

Unfortunately, the Panasonic RC-6015 has a blown light. What is the bulb you said you used and can I purchase it at Radio Shack?

Comment

*video

Comment

Uses the same bulb as the RC-6025

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	2489
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well this is just amazing. I thought I had one of the best 7469's still in existence... apparently not.

Comment

Working...
                              X