Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flip clock with advertising panel & lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip clock with advertising panel & lights

I'm new here. I know nothing about flip clocks, the lingo, or brands. I started searching online for a clock that was in a local restaurant when I was a kid in the early 80s. I found nothing similar, but the search led me here.

It was a wall clock that had a separate panel to the right of the clock that had ads for local businesses. My memory of it is pretty hazy, but I think the ad panels were somewhere around 6 inches wide by 4 inches tall. They flipped over every 30 seconds or minute. And it had lights that lit the ad panels. Probably neon. I honestly don't remember much about the clock itself. Anyone seen anything like that?

The only thing I've seen like that can be seen in the movie below at about 1:20

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

The one that comes to mind is called the Action Ad Clock (made by Electric Ad Clock Company) Comes in a couple configurations with the clock either on the left or right side. They show up on ebay occasionally. See the video below for the flip version in action.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEON-ADVERTI...p2047675.l2557 Click image for larger version  Name:	actionadclock.jpg Views:	1 Size:	275.6 KB ID:	2665

Comment

That's pretty flippin crazy. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

You mean something like this? This was mine, New Old Stock. I sold it though. It was too big and could use the funds to buy some smaller clocks :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2017-04-13 om 14.33.28.png
Views:	684
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	2773

Comment

This was yours? Someone trying to sell one of these for big money on eBay
            Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	2852

Comment

Yep, that was mine! Wow, did not expect to see that one come up for sale so quickly and especially not for such a price.....

Good luck with that sale! Just for the record, it is actually unused, just tested. It was brand new in its original box when I received it.

Comment

Working...
              X