Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tokyo Spider flip clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokyo Spider flip clock

This is a flip clock radio I've picked up together with a Manta RD500. At first I thought of using the clock mechanism to do a custum case build. But as the case was in excellent condition I've decided to revise and clean it anyway. A gear of the clock mechanism had shifted so I had to melt a hole in the gear box case and readjusted the gear on the shaft. Then I've put a small piece of electrical insulation tape over the hole as to close off the gear box again.

It is more like a simple flip clock radio, the mechanism is in a plastic cage (no metal or brass) and the motor is an closed gear copal motor. The flip clock radio has an chocolate brown case. It is fully cleaned and revised and fully functional. I will put it up for sale on the bay for about 25€ starting price. Think it is ok for an basic flip clock radio in very good condition. Or if anyone interested here just pm me...

Just wanted to present it. There are a bunch of models on the market over here with the name Tokyo Spider. This model must have been made for the German speaking market.
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing, I was curious what the 'Tokyo Spider' clock looked like.

Comment

I like it. I think the name is the coolest feature.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
      X