Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telefunken Starclock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telefunken Starclock

The Telefunken Starclock exists in 2 versions. A black case version and a white case version. I have both. The white version is dissassembled for the moment as I will try to whiten the case as soon as I obtain the creme.

See attached pics

The black works very well but has some sticky tiles and needs a new neon bulb. So it needs some TLC. Case will be cleaned and treated with plastic renovator. Meanwhile will soak the motor in alcohol and spray the pots with Contact cleaner. Maybe do some solder reflowing while I am at it.

The white has been dissassembled totally in order to whiten the case. Motor is allready cleaned, bulb is still bright enough. Pots needs cleaning and I repaired the speaker - terminal was broken and the cone had a little tear in it. Got some solder joints reflowed.

In general the Telefunken Starclock is not that different from an RD500, same motor and clock assembly, motors are copal with closed gearboxes. Tiles are exactly the same size and have the same fonts. The RD500 clocks are made in Korea, so I suppose the Telefunken Starclock has also been made in Korea for the German Telefunken company.
Working...
X