Copal Model QP-212

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copal Model QP-212

just got this clock from e-bay the listing says that the clock will not work. Well I need to buy a D size battery to see what its problem is. Hope what ever its problem is that it can be fixed
    Copal battery flip clock

With battery powered devices any sign of corrosion in the battery compartment is a bad sign.

Comment

Jeremy's right of course. But hopefully the corrosion did not onto internal components. I have in the past experienced a battery that had leaked, but had only caused the current flow to be blocked. After sanding the corrosion off, the clock worked fine. Good luck!
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Nice! And quite rare too, for that matter!

Comment

Thanks for sharing Dragon. I happen to have a Copal QP-211, also a battery operated one. The 212 looks a bit bigger, can't say I see either model that often.

Click image for larger version

Name:	qp-211-retroflip.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	4712Click image for larger version

Name:	qp-211-2retroflip.jpg
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	4714Click image for larger version

Name:	qp-211-3retroflip.jpg
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	4716
          Attached Files

Comment

here is an update. I finally got a D battery for it and it came to life. (after I pulled the little chain) anyway I don't know what happed to the clock but the little tab that holds the min numbers was bent up. I bent it back down as much as I could and it seems to work fine that way. The clock keeps good time. But the alarm part of it is broken. Ever time I try to turn on the alarm it sounds. But all in all its a nice clock.

I like your clock RetroFlip. Does yours have a chain to start it also?

Comment

Originally posted by Dancing Dragon View Post
              I like your clock RetroFlip. Does yours have a chain to start it also?
              No it doesn't have any chain to start, interesting to compare the two, yours must be a heavier mechanism.

Comment

Working...
              X