Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Copal Model 705L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Copal Model 705L

The Copal Model 705L - a black light flip clock alarm with an anodized aluminum wrap around case, plastic end pieces and knobs.

Availability:
    The clock comes up on the auction sites very rarely but when you see it, it will get your attention. Sellers on eBay have been noted to indicate that it may be made of copper or bronze, but testing and observation at FlipClockFans studios clearly show this clock to be bronze electrolytic colorized anodized aluminum.

For more details and pictures, view the full article

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Copal 705L Black Light Digital Alarm Clock - Flip Clock

Join FlipClockFans.com Administrator, Mackey, as he breaks down the shimmering, beautiful, bronze colored Copal 705L flip clock. Referred to simply as a "Digital Alarm Clock with Black Light" in the early 1970s the flip clock features an anodized aluminum case and fluorescent green digits on black background illuminated by a black light bulb.

Special Thanks to FlipClockFans.com member Towmater for the gift to FlipClockFans Studios of the black light used in tesing this clock.
    (the above from the YouTube description of this video)

Comment

What a neat clock that is, great addition to the studio!

Comment

I'll be interested in how the blacklight replacement works out. Copal 702 also comes in a similar anodized body, one of the better made cases in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroFlip View Post
          I'll be interested in how the blacklight replacement works out. Copal 702 also comes in a similar anodized body, one of the better made cases in my opinion.
          Well, it's finished. And I couldn't be happier with the results- Check It Out

Comment

WOW, it couldn't have worked out better than that. Good job!!!

Comment

I looked on that website where you got the led strip from. Did you go with indoor or outdoor strip? Which brightness did you go with (how many lumens per foot is your strip?)

Comment

Originally posted by Towmater View Post
                I looked on that website where you got the led strip from. Did you go with indoor or outdoor strip? Which brightness did you go with (how many lumens per foot is your strip?)
                I should probably have kept all the information on this clock in one thread, but I'm thinking that in the future people will be looking for information on Blacklights only. Anyway, all the details are in this article.

But just for your reference the info follows here too:

Parts List (Superbrightleds.com)

LD-CU3512-01: 350mA Constant Current LED Driver - 1 Watt LED Driver $5.95

SWFLS-UV30-WHT: Outdoor LED Strip Lights - Weatherproof 12V LED Tape Light Side Emittin - 59 Lumens/ft - UV-BlackLight $11.95

After 15% promotional discount and shipping, total cost: $18.70

The main reason I went for this particular item was because of the width, (anything more than 5mm wide might not work in some applications, but the fact that it was outdoor made me think it would be more durable. I though the lumens would be sufficient without overdoing it. And I believe it turned out to be just about right.

Comment

Thanks, will check it out!

Comment

Working...
                  X