Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The McGraw-Edison Model 59-004 Flip Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This historic flip clock was one of the few that was completely American made and assembled. The video discusses the history of the Edison name and it's connection to the century old clock making Ingraham family company out of Bristol, Connecticut.

What is the history of this Edison name, and where and where did it go?

McGraw-Edison was an American manufacturer of electrical equipment. It was created in 1957 through a merger of McGraw Electric and Thomas A. Edison, Inc. Both of these companies originating in the early 1900s.

In 1967 McGraw-Edison purchased the Ingraham Company. Prior to this, for over a century, the E. Ingraham Company was a family-owned manufacturer of clocks and watches operating in Bristol, Connecticut

In 1985 McGraw Edison was acquired by Cooper Industries, which itself was eventually swallowed up by the Eaton Corporation in 2012.

More History
    McGraw Electric was founded by Max McGraw at 17 years of age, in 1900 as an electrical contractor installing electricity in homes.

Thomas A. Edison, Inc. formed in 1910 as a reorganization of the Edison Manufacturing Co., which originated in the 1800s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mcgraw-001.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	4017Click image for larger version

Name:	mcgraw-002.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	4018Click image for larger version

Name:	mcgraw-003.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	4019Click image for larger version

Name:	mcgraw-004.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	4020
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

I saw that clock on eBay last week and almost bought it just to see what the American Made movement was! Thanks for buying it and making the video!
    Is is cool to see all of those big gears moving, too bad they are hidden away inside.

Jeremy

Comment

I got a good deal on it too. The guy took my first offer on it. Yeah I really liked the gears too. Looks like a mantle clock mechanism almost.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mcgraw-003.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	4021
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
      X