Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The After Hours Flip Clock - The Faces West Model 3600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The After Hours Flip Clock - The Faces West Model 3600

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	30.7 KB ID:	3881After Hours is a 1985 black comedy directed by Martin Scorsese, written by Joseph Minion. The film follows Paul Hackett (played by Griffin Dunne) as he suffers many unfortunate circumstances while trying to make his way home from New York City's SoHo district late at night. The movies shows a quick shot of a Faces West Model 3600 flip clock.

The clock is an "ok" clock. The quality is fair to good, and I'm not sure what the big "Faces West" is all about.
    I would have never purchased this clock if it hadn't been in the movie.

And that movie is a riot. I can see why it's become a cult classic.

Like many vintage clocks, this model was released under more than one brand name. I know of at least two others, "Hallmark Ricoh" and "Sun Valley."

Click image for larger version  Name:	ricoh-hallmark-01.png Views:	1 Size:	35.0 KB ID:	3882Click image for larger version  Name:	sunvalley-01.jpg Views:	2 Size:	193.6 KB ID:	3884

Surprisingly, the clock was fairly hard to find in the black and sliver configuration as seen in the movie. But we have one now in the FlipClockFans collection.

Click image for larger version  Name:	clockupload.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	3885

See the Video below for a little fun (if you've seen the movie, you'll catch a couple of quotes), more details and some disassembly.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!
Working...
X