Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Panasonic RC- 707S & Juliette FDC-1089

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Panasonic RC- 707S & Juliette FDC-1089

National Panasonic RC-707S, for the Japanese domestic market. Appears to the be the brother of the North American RC-6551.
    This one has a couple issues but is cosmetically in good shape. You'll notice the Japanese FM band (76-90MHz) is different compared to North Americas (87.5-108 MHz), from what I've read the higher end was used for VHF TV channels instead. This clock radio is also 100v 50hz. I'm a bit surprised this model doesn't have a switch for 60hz underneath, but appears to use the same case mold as the 6551. Haven't had a chance to pull the motor yet.
    The front bezel is a different color along with a faceplate that is closer to the body color, sporting the National Panasonic logo. The flip clock portion is cosmetically different as well, using UV bulbs and some Japanese characters under the day.

I also included pics of a Topp Electronics FDC-1089 Juliette which I think looks inspired by the Panasonic 6551 layout. Although it sports dual speakers instead of the just the one and opts for various push buttons on top they are dimensionally very close.
Working...
X