Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony Digimatic ICF-C670W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Digimatic ICF-C670W

1976 Sony Digimatic ICF-C670W. This clock radio features a genuine wood case, external radio antenna, and a 50Hz/60Hz switch for use with foreign electrical systems (no voltage selector 120v only). The Copal 10-2412-00 flip clock mechanism is made almost entirely of plastic and is very light compared to earlier Copal mechanisms. The motor runs on 10v AC. Clock illumination is via a single 6v green tinted incandescent miniature lamp set in a plastic diffuser bar. Clock lamp also illuminates radio dial at all times.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeremy; June 3, 2017, 10:22 AM.

Additional photos.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeremy; June 3, 2017, 10:24 AM.

Comment

That a great looking flip clock Jeremy ! Clean!
      Cheers, Shane

Comment

Hi, Sorry to revive an old thread.
        I have just bought one of these clocks. it is in ok shape, I but I have taken it apart to clean and I can't get the alarm knob back on. I am unsure if it is missing something or I am just doing something incorrectly. also is there any special instructions to getting the alarm to work?

Thanks

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your flip clock purchase!

I am not familiar with the workings of this particular clock, but surely someone else on the forum can help you there.

With regard to the 'knob', it appears that a part is missing (perhaps still in your vicinity or it fell off inside the clock. There is supposed to be an open metal clamp around the end of the knob, securing it in place with the metal shaft in place within the first, open, bit of the knob. The clamp leaves for a bit of wiggle room so you can push on the knob and carefully pull it off when necessary.

I hope this helps.

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert, I have looked inside the clock and in the vicinity of where I dissasembled and havent seen anything like that yet. is there anything that could be used in replacement do you know as a way to secure the knob?

Comment

You could get a piece of thin metal and bend it to form a locking ring around the knob, I know sometimes lock rings for locking pins can be used. Maybe visit your local hardware store and bring the knob, look around the nuts and bolts isle and see if they're something creative you can use?

Comment

I found a Sony Digimatic ICF-C670W that seems to have two "issues".

First, the lamp is out. I found a Sony issued service schematic and it identifies one lamp --- "Lamp, dial; 4.5 V 40mA".

Should I assume the correct lamp is 4.5 Volt?

I assume the problem is a burnt out lamp but have no idea what to buy. What do you recommend I order?

The second issue is far less important but I am curious. The volume knob controls volume normally EXCEPT the lowest range of the volume
                is louder than what I expected (It's quite audible rather than barely audible if that's any help.)

Is this normal for Sony's of this model / period?

If not, other than giving it a shot of DeOxIt is there anything else I should try?

While I have it open to replace the bulb, I plan to lubricate the Socal motor with a synthetic lubricant.

Is there any anything else that I should service for P/M?

I am new to this forum and rehabbing flip clocks.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. While watching one of the mod's videos on YT, I noted that he used a que tip to clean each of the tiles. Great idea. Obviously, portions of the casing may be accessible for a gentle clearing while the clock is disassembled.
                Last edited by FlippedOut; September 18, 2021, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                  I have joined today in the hope that I can get advice on how to replace the display illumination bulb in my Sony ICF-C670W. My mother bought it for me in 1976 as a Christmas present but I have not used it for many years & I am attempting a bit of a loft clear out, so it would be good to get the light fixed & I will try to sell.
                  I dont know if you fixed your light but hope that you can advise.
                  Note I am in the UK
                  Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                    The light in my Sony ICF-C670W is not working - can anyone advise how to replace?
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FlippedOut View Post
                      I found a Sony Digimatic ICF-C670W that seems to have two "issues".

First, the lamp is out. I found a Sony issued service schematic and it identifies one lamp --- "Lamp, dial; 4.5 V 40mA".

Should I assume the correct lamp is 4.5 Volt?

I assume the problem is a burnt out lamp but have no idea what to buy. What do you recommend I order?
                      Hi all. I also have one of these clocks with a burned out lamp. I know from dinking around with hifi stuff that those grain of wheat bulbs are getting hard to source. Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement/supplier, or a recommended resistor/LED combo? I'd probably just stick with white, as I think that's what the original light was. Also, the motor seems to be turning and keeping time just fine. Should I bother messing with it (lube, clean, etc.)? If it does need lubed, do I just drip in a bit of oil where the flywheels (?) can be seen turning (once the outer motor cover is removed)? Thanks in advance.
                      Last edited by Franz Bibfeldt; December 14, 2023, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X