Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unboxing a Never opened Panasonic RC-7469, The Cameron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unboxing a Never opened Panasonic RC-7469, The Cameron

I was privileged to have the opportunity to unbox a never opened, new in box Panasonic RC-7469, The Cameron.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Wow. I don't feel so crazy now. A Cameron has currently caught fire on eBay (not a new in box) and is now 5 dollars more than what I paid. I'm thinking some if the bidders regret not getting the one I snagged.

Comment

Wow. That's the guy I bought my 7469 from. Not sure why they went crazy there. I paid about $180 for a really clean one.

Comment

Well, you got a great deal. After shipping the buyer will pay just over $405.00. I honestly think one or more of the bidders in the auction I won must have regretting not winning. The winning bid was higher than the new in box one I got and higher yet after shipping.

Comment

I think you're right. Pretty aggressive bidding from some veteran ebayers with big feedback numbers. Funny thing is, that seller almost always has a "Buy It Now" on those 7469's for $239. I bet he posts another nice one in a few days. Never seems to run out.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Miller View Post
            I think you're right. Pretty aggressive bidding from some veteran ebayers with big feedback numbers. Funny thing is, that seller almost always has a "Buy It Now" on those 7469's for $239. I bet he posts another nice one in a few days. Never seems to run out.
            I know. It kills me how some people play eBay. I swear people think it's best to wait until the end not matter what. It's so stupid. But, it's obviously helping this seller. More power to him.
            That seller seems to be liquidating his stuff. Probably getting old. Ah well. That'll be me one day. Anyway I'm definitely going to be watching that seller.

Comment

This clock is back on ebay now.
              View Listing

Comment

The buy it now price changes wildly on this listing. When the listing went up it was 465, then it dropped to 450. Earlier today it was 323, then up to 350, now it is at 325. Is it market priced?

Comment

I know this gentleman. He's very trustworthy. I'm not sure why he's doing this. I think he's just trying to hit the sweet spot and get the clock sold.
                  The thing is about eBay ... many buyers simply don't get the concept. I've seen people wait until the last second to close on a Buy-It-Now. Also, often, you can get people to pay more by starting the bidding very low. People get competitive. However, this can bite you at times. I've lost money that way before.

The craziest thing is, I sold this person the clock and I'm almost tempted to buy it back. I've remodeled the "FlipClockFans Studios" and I'm putting up a few more shelves over my desk/work area. That crisp Cameron would look good there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fcfstudios.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.6 KB ID:	4330

The price is now back up to $355

Comment

Now 320

Comment

... Someone got it this morning for 320!

Comment

I don't get why people list things on eBay with no auction, just a high Buy-It-Now. If you actually want to sell your item and get the most money for it, you need to list as an auction.
                        I always list items on eBay as a traditional 5 day auction, no reserve, and always end on a Sunday evening.

Jeremy

Comment

That's exactly right Jeremy . You want people to actually be home when the auction ends. I try to end Sunday afternoon to early evening. Just to catch the church goers and not too late so the early to bed crowd don't miss the end of the action. I have to consider that California is 3 hours behind me, so I try to end around 3-5pm.

You have to take advantage of people's nature. Firstly, people want to get something for nothing. So they bid that 99 cents. Then they get competitive. Then, since they're experts at this eBay thing, they bid at the last second.

It drive me crazy that people don't just "Buy It Now" but they don't seem to get the concept.

I think the main reason sellers don't use auction is that they're afraid of risking a low selling price.

Just in case anyone's wondering. It wasn't me that bought that clock.

Comment

The thing is that most of the sellers with Buy-It-Now high price listings are just flippers who got the item at a garage sale/estate sale/flea market cheap. They look up the item on their eBay app and see others listed for high Buy-It-Now prices and think they are going to make a big profit.

With the flip clocks, yes there are a very few guys like us who have actually disassembled and cleaned and repaired the clocks they are selling, but 99% of the clocks on eBay are just ones recently disgorged from a long slumber in some dead person's attic/basement/closet/garage and given a quick wipe with Windex.

When I sell a clock (which needs to happen more often) I just list it with a starting price at what I have in it and see what happens. Thats the fun of eBay!

Jeremy

Comment

That makes sense to me. Reminds me of that joker on eBay who thinks he's got the first flip clock radio ever made and wants to sell it for 1200.00. I actually contacted him and gave him a better idea of the clock's worth. He was not happy with me. Ha ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                              X