Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, now I'm embarassed! Marty McFly clock found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, now I'm embarassed! Marty McFly clock found!

First of all, I'm sorry. So, so sorry. Please don't hate me flip clockers. A couple of weeks ago I found an X-Men Sony Digimatic for $5 USD. Today I snagged a Back to the Future, Marty McFly, Panasonic RC-6015.....for $12USD. Please don't hate me. The physical condition of the clock is excellent. It keeps time and the alarm works, hwvr the neon bulb is burnt out (no surprise) and the radio has a couple of issues. I haven't torn it apart yet, but I'm betting the speaker is damaged, the pots need cleaned with contact cleaner, and maybe a broken solder connection or two. I'm so happy, it almost makes up for some of the amazing clocks you all have found recently!

Will you please buy me a lotto ticket?!

Hate? I'm happy for you! Jealous .... maybe
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I don't think I'd have any luck with lottery tickets as I've clearly exhausted my reservoir of good luck on flip clocks instead!

Comment

BTW, what replacement illumination bulb does this take? Anyone? T1?

Comment

The best is a 12V 50 mA
          Like these
          They're incandescent and look just like the original if you put a bit of white shrink wrap on them. Comes with black pre-soldiered leads, easy to soldier right in.
          ~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by azimuth989 View Post
            First of all, I'm sorry. So, so sorry. Please don't hate me flip clockers. A couple of weeks ago I found an X-Men Sony Digimatic for $5 USD. Today I snagged a Back to the Future, Marty McFly, Panasonic RC-6015.....for $12USD. Please don't hate me. The physical condition of the clock is excellent. It keeps time and the alarm works, hwvr the neon bulb is burnt out (no surprise) and the radio has a couple of issues. I haven't torn it apart yet, but I'm betting the speaker is damaged, the pots need cleaned with contact cleaner, and maybe a broken solder connection or two. I'm so happy, it almost makes up for some of the amazing clocks you all have found recently!
            Originally posted by azimuth989 View Post
            Luck does happen...I found my Groundhog Day RC-6025 for $3 and my RC-6015 for $4. Both were working!! The RC-6015 is what got me started in collecting.

Comment

Working...
            X