Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a Panasonic RC-6025 Groundhog Day clock to play that song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a Panasonic RC-6025 Groundhog Day clock to play that song

After multiple requests I finally did a how to video on how to modify a Panasonic RC-6025 Groundhog day flip clock to play "I Got You Babe."
    For about $10-15 dollars!
    Unlike the instructables version (2/2/2015), the clock retains all it's normal functions, except for one. It will play the radio, alarm to radio but the alarm to buzzer has been replaced with "I Got You Babe."

The post following this one will have Tips for this modification (to be added to as needed).

Sound module featured in the movie above
    https://www.bigdawgsgreetings.com/product/bare-usb-5-button-multipush-200-sec/

more modules that could work also
    https://www.bigdawgsgreetings.com/pr...sound-modules/

NOTICE: FlipClockFans and this Administrator urge you to Not perform this modification. The video was posted after multiple requests.
    Performing any modification on a vintage flip clock could result in damage to the device, fire, injury and death.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Additional Tips Regarding this modification:

1. Make an off button - When putting the sound clip on the board, you should add one more sound. I just add a "click" or "beep" sound. Just a very short sound to let you know that you've activated the button. The button for this sound can be fed to the outside of the clock. This button will allow you to turn of the "I Got You Babe" clip. Otherwise, you have to listen through to the end every time you activate the module. This button effectively serves as an off button for the sound clip.

2. Make an extra Song Play Button - If you're going to add a "off" button, why not add another button to play the clip without activating the alarm. This is good for "show and tell" for your clock. You can hide the buttons on the back of the clock and reach your fingers to the back and press the button to start the song. You can either load the sound file twice on the board (there is memory enough) or splice in a button. The second option is difficult as the wires supplied for the module are just hook up wire .... very thin and not much to work with.

Any and all comments regarding this modification are welcome in this thread.
    If you have done this modification and want to discuss your work, go ahead and start a new thread in this channel.
    This area will be for questions/answers regarding the above video and the modification.

Comment

Mackey, Can I output sound to the speaker clock (stock speaker)?
      and second: Can I give power to the soundboard from the clock?(not use battery on board)

Comment

Originally posted by Revol2 View Post
        Mackey, Can I output sound to the speaker clock (stock speaker)?
        and second: Can I give power to the soundboard from the clock?(not use battery on board)
        Yes, you output to the stock speaker.
        But the board needs a steady 4.5 V DC. I don't believe there's a extra supply of steady current available on that board. One thing I did in the past was to take a AC/DC converter that outputs 4.5 V (you know, plugs into the wall) ... like this one ... I ended up with a stack of those, thought I'd do more of those conversions. Anyway, I opened that up (sawed it open with a dremel) and secured it into the clock (there's room in there for it). I took the 120V as it came in to the clock and then powered the board off that. It worked great. It was a well made one and didn't overheat . I just felt that I didn't want to recommend that to everyone, as it could be dangerous.

The thing is, I understanding why you may not want batteries. But they're safer. Also, .... honestly ... you won't be showing it off that much. Unless you really did want to wake to that song!

Comment

Thanks for your ideas, Mackey
          I'll think about it all

Comment

Anyone selling such a modified clock? I am interested

Comment

Working...
            X