Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony Digimatic 6RC-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Digimatic 6RC-15

I picked up a Sony Digimatic 6rc-15 for $2.50 at an estate sale because it wasn't keeping time and it was extremely filthy. After cleaning it, disassembling it and repairing the mounting points in the case, I found that the main pinion on the motor that "flips" the gears on the numbers had finally cracked. I degreased it and glued it back together (who knows for how long) and now it's keeping perfect time. (Although I'm afraid to move or touch it much due to the amount of superglue holding it together!) It's amazing how the Sony engineers packed everything onto a chassis that could fit inside a cylindrical housing so well. Kudos to them for such a well built machine!

Damn! The superglued pinion has failed!! I guess now I'll consider other options such as JB Weld's "Steel Stik"......

Comment

I was also fascinated by the quality and engineering excellence of this clock radio! I tried for 3 hours to repair the clock but gave up. It is still a great collectible conservation piece!

Comment

I have one of these and after an initial look at it and getting to know the insides, I'm determined to repair. I'd be happy to know if anyone has one which is available to purchase for spares.

I don't know precisely (yet) what's wrong with mine (the radio works, but clock doesn't). I do need at least a new time adjustment knob as mine is missing. A new face cover would be nice too, although mine is good in terms of scratches on the main visible area, it has a couple of cracks where it sits inside the body.

It's a great thing and as said, ingeniously deisgned and packed, I'd like to get mine up and running, so I am open to anything anyone can suggest or offer!

Comment

Working...
        X