Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony Digimatic Roller clocks...anyone worked on them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Digimatic Roller clocks...anyone worked on them?

I just located a Sony Digimatic TFM-C660W roller drum clock from the 1960s. Motor's not turning. I've never opened one of these up. Anybody have any experience with these? Can these motors be serviced?

I just posted a new thread about my Sony Digimatic. And I did open it up! As far as my example goes, the motor was EXTREMELY well sealed. On mine, you'd have to literally cut it open. The sticker on the case said "Omron". The problem with mine was that the plastic pinion had split into three pieces over time and was slipping on the metal pinion from the 60hz motor. Once I removed the plastic pinion, degreased it, then glued it back together onto the metal pinion, the clock works great. I imagine that if the plastic pinion wasn't salvageable, that it would be possible to have bonded some sort of activator/lever onto the motor's metal pinion in order to accomplish the same result. However, if the motor's metal pinion or output shaft doesn't even turn vs. spinning inside a stripped plastic pinion, then I suppose the challenge is even more difficult. I have no idea if the motor in your example is anywhere close to the same as mine but, take a look at the pix in my post.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, since I posted this, I opened it up and found that the motor had slipped off of its transformer. Once reseated, it worked great.

Comment

Working...
      X