Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erres cyclometer clockradio... (1978)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erres cyclometer clockradio... (1978)

Got this in today

Just 15 euro's I paid for it...unbelievable!

I've seen this model go for 4 times that amount

The electronics brand Philips has the exact same model but then of course with its own name on it

15 euros! Outrageous. Nice machine, will be gorgeous after a good cleaning.

By the way, do you make videos of your clocks? I'd love to see this one in action.
    SAVE THE FLIPCLOCKS!

Comment

Yes, was lucky with this one... The seller could have waited agreeing with my bid and see higher bids come in... But, the guy didn't want to wait it out.
      I was surprised when it came in...it looked even better then on the photos... Just a good clean would make it as good as new. There is some work to be done on the sound volume meter and the radio on/off/auto switch witch crackles very loud if moved... I bet a good inner clean would do the job... Got some tips on that field Matthew...?

Thanks for replying

Comment

O yeah, I could have a look into filming a unit in action... That would be fun to do..
        Got one in particular that you would like to see a video of....?

Comment

A contact cleaner in spray should take care of the crackly potentiometers and switches. Sometimes (but this is not common) the switch needs to be taken apart and cleaned mechanically from the inside. And sometimes they're worn beyond repair. But yours I think will be good after cleaning with spray contact cleaner.

On the video - this Erres cyclometer looks interesting, but any of your clocks would be nice to see. I still have my Sanyo to film but it's been such a long time I've been promising to make a video - I should write a script for it probably
          SAVE THE FLIPCLOCKS!

Comment

Working...
          X