Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony Digimativ 8FC-59W - Can't keep up time, and the alarm button won't stay down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Digimativ 8FC-59W - Can't keep up time, and the alarm button won't stay down.

Hi.

I have some problems with this Sony Digimatic.

1. It takes 1 minute and 12 sec for every minute. It means that the time isn't right.

2. I can't push the alarm button down, so that it stays down. It means that the alarm isn't working. The bottom to the right, I can easily push down, so it stays there.

Can anyone please help me, thank you

Troels

I have that model. As far are the alarm button, you'll need to take it apart. It would be very difficulty to describe in a post what to look at when checking out the buttons. But since you have a working one you can compare the two and see if the mechanism is jammed up.
    The time problem is curious. I'm wondering if the motor is getting jammed up and may need to be cleaned.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Hi Again

Thanks for the reply. The clock problem might be a problem because of the differens between us frequense (60 hertz) and European frequense (50 hertz).

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Did you ever manage to fix the issue with the radio button not staying down? I recently bought the same model clock and am having the same issue.

Additionally, my clock is missing the small knob on the left hand side used to adjust the time. Do you have any idea where I might be able to buy a knob that will fit, or do you mind taking some close-up pictures of it?

Thanks

Comment

SonyFlipFan Here is the knob for that clock

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2011.JPG Views:	1 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	4664Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2012.JPG Views:	1 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	4665Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2013.JPG Views:	1 Size:	49.4 KB ID:	4667Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2014.JPG Views:	1 Size:	49.8 KB ID:	4666

As you can see, it's a little thing. It has a metal band that holds it in place.

Comment

Video on how to possible fix your button problem.

Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to take photos and make a video.

I had originally hoped to find a generic knob that would fit, but it seems like no one makes any knobs that might fit. I'll have to watch eBay and hope something comes up. There's currently someone parting out an 8FC-69WA but unfortunately they don't have the knob that I'm looking for.

Comment

SonyFlipFan Well, I have an extra knob but it doesn't have the metal band. It actually doesn't need that to function. The band keeps the knob in place on the metal post. Wrapping it with electrical tape would do the same thing.
                Actually, I just discovered that it has part of the band, so that's even better ... put the partial band on the knob, wrap with a little tape - and good as new.

I'd send it to you for $5.00 (that's really a nominal fee as shipping/packaging is about $3.00 for these small items first class (first class on small items actually get free tracking and go out with priority mail - many people don't know this). If interested PM me and I'll send you a PayPal Link. Note: you must indicate the money is a gift. If you must indicate it's for merchandise, you have to pay $6.00 (PayPal dings me for this).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2022.JPG Views:	1 Size:	35.6 KB ID:	4680

Comment

Working...
                X