Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic RC 1122 stuck clock dials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic RC 1122 stuck clock dials

Hi there. New to the forum. Signed up in the hope you can help me with my first flip clock. It was a birthday gift which unfortunately doesn't work. I'm in the UK and the clock was bought on eBay and shipped from the US. Because of the power difference I've not been able to test it properly, however, I'm unable to physically turn the knobs/dials for setting the clock. I've seen the disassembly video on YouTube and the dials appears to move freely and easily. One thing I have noticed but this may just be the design, the largest, outermost gear is at a slight angle (photo attached). I don't think this would cause such resistance in the knob itself but figured it was worth mentioned. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Waynerrr; September 17, 2017, 08:46 PM. Reason: Adding photo

Yes you're right, it should turn without much resistance. Sometimes what happens is a previous user would really work hard at turning the alarm dial the wrong way and end up bending or breaking something. You might try lubricating that set of gears and carefully trying to back it off (dial should show you proper direction, i.e. counterclockwise). The plastic dials can be prone to breaking as well if they are really being forced, so keep that in mind.

Comment

Working...
    X