Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

use Panasonic rc-6015 in Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

use Panasonic rc-6015 in Italy

Good evening at all! I just joined this forum because I just bought a Panasonic rc-6015 and I am very excited about my purchase because I'm also a big fan of the legendary movie 'back to the future'!
    The only big problem ?? I live in Europe and here the current travels to a voltage of 220V 50Hz instead of 110V 60Hz ..
    Thinking of overcoming the problem, I also bought a voltage and frequency converter to be used here in Europe for all household appliances from countries like USA whose parameters are 110V 60Hz. Is a Litefuze 220 50- 110 60 converter. The problem is that every minute of the clock is 57 seconds instead of 60 seconds, so every 24 hours goes on for over an hour and a half (about 4280 seconds). Everything else works : Night light, radio, alarm selector, but you will understand that as an alarm clock is unusable for me here. Some friends told me that the converter does not provide exactly 60 Hz but about 65 Hz so that's the rason the minute clock is 57 seconds instead of 60 seconds so I wanted to figure out if i can fix you in the problem by putting a 110V transformer 50Hz inside the flip clock replacing the existing one and changing the synchronous motor by setting one that works at 50 Hz.
    If the answer is yes, what changes in the functioning of the rest of the flip clock like shield radio, components, etc? Where can i look for a sync motor 50Hz and e trasformer 110V 50Hz?
    I thank you for spend your time in my topic and I hope some forum experts can give me answers about this and above all positive!

Michele, hopefully more members will help answer your question. But unfortunately, there are not easily available transformers and motors.
    It would seem to me that it would be best if you bought a converter that actually worked properly.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thanks for tour answer. Can you tell me some brand of good convertitor?

Comment

We have an article on this
        https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...our-flip-clock

This is the converter that you need
        REPLACED BY OUR NEW CHRONOS; available on our sister site. Please see description or click below to learn more.

It is expensive but it is the best. I have the one that converts to 220v 50Hz
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

The motor appears to be a Copal.... Would it not be an idea to replace that with a 220v version?

Likely the rest of the clock can be rewired from 110v to 220v or is that not possible?

Comment

Hello! I also thought of the solution to turn it all to 220 50 hz .. I have already seen that the components to be changed can not be easily found, indeed, it is almost impossible to find a 220v version 50 hz.

Comment

Hello Mackey! I think I'll follow your advice on purchasing that precise x clock converter. I think it's the best solution rather than trying to modify a perfect watch just as it is
              I need to ask you something else: I tried to set the alarm by setting the selector to 'ALARM' on the alarm cover and by selecting the left time slider when I want the alarm to sound. But as soon as the alarm sounds, it does not turn on the radio as I would like, but it starts to make such a high-annoying and annoying vibrate noise, I do not know if you understand what I mean. Why? Do you think there's something broken in the clock-radio link? Can you tell me what I have to set in addition to the time to turn on the radio at wake-up time and do not you hear that deafening noise?

Comment

Michele try the AUTO setting, next to the ALARM setting to wake to radio. The buzzing is the normal sound of the built in alarm, nothing is broken. Mackey has a instructional video that talks about setting the alarm on this model.

Comment

Thanks a lot RetroFlip. I've seen the video and just now I understand that it's not a problem, but I was wrong setting the cursor. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X