Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Molson Beer Sign Flip Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molson Beer Sign Flip Clock

The Molson Beer Sign Flip Clock - Very rarely seen, the Molson Beer Sign Flip clock holds interest for both those interested in breweriana as well as flip clock fans.

See Article for More details and pictures

I bought this clock with much anticipation of having a cool clock/sign for the basement. Just plug and play, you know. But the seller shiped the clock with a hardly any padding (using some newspaper, if I remember correctly). He actually tore apart a retail box that had some printing on it, turned it inside out and put some tape on it. It did not pass the crush test. The clock came in pieces. I figured the clock was cursed because even after I got it pieced together, the motor went out. But it was the Caslon 201 that I had as a parts clock that came to the rescue.

Video of Restoration
    Watch on YouTube
    Last edited by Mackey; July 8, 2017, 01:13 PM.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Strange that it uses a 24-hour clock.

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
      Strange that it uses a 24-hour clock.
      Jeremy
      Click image for larger version  Name:	molson-logo.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.8 KB ID:	3445 This is a very good observation since both Canada and the US use the 12 hour (AM/PM system) referring to the 24 system as "Military Time." The list of countries I've seen that refer to 24 hour time as "Military Time" and use the 12 hr format are: United States, United Kingdom, Philippines, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Columbia, Pakistan, and Malaysia.
      The rest of the world uses some form of the 24 hour time.

Since I did my time in the Military (as did my wife) the 24 hour clocks do not seem strange to us. But more than this, since I have clocks from European countries I'm quite use to the 24 hour time flipping around here. Funny, from where I sit right know at the kitchen table (which I jokingly refer to as "Flip Clock Fans Studios" in my videos) I can see three 24 hour clocks - two LEFF amsterdam brick clocks and a Cifra 3. And now the basement has the Molson Beer Sign Flip Clock.

It's strange that this is 24 hour time since the logo does represent the Molsen Export Ale and you would assume the clock was intended for the US even though it found itself in Canada just before it made it to Flip Clock Fans Studios in March 2017. It's possible that the clock was brought back to Canada from a collector from a country that uses 24 hour time. That makes sense. I would contact the seller for more information, but we're not on speaking terms.
      Last edited by Mackey; July 8, 2017, 08:08 PM.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
      X