Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copal 227

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copal 227

Hey guys, newcomer here!
    I recently got a Copal 227, and love the way it looks. It's in great condition aesthetically and has no issues, aside from it is running on a 220v 50hz motor. I live in the US so this is obviously a problem. When I bought the clock I didn't even think to look at that as it was coming from the US and there was nothing mentioned in the description. Anyway, I'm posting here to try and figure out how hard it would be to acquire a new 110V 60hz motor. Am I being optimistic, or should I ask for a refund?
    Thanks!

Hi USMTTT,
    Unfortunately there isn't a great source of new replacement motors, usually it involves buying another 227 thats cosmetically damaged and pulling the needed parts.

Bottom labels will show voltage, so look for it in pictures. 24hr versions and bright colors like red/yellow are more likely to be non north american voltages, compared to the more common wood tone.

Voltage converters exist but are $$$.

Comment

yep... you don't have a lot of choice . https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...our-flip-clock

Comment

Working...
      X