Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony 8RC-110E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony 8RC-110E

Hello Everyone!

I got Sony 8RC-110E radio clock. Unfortunatelly someone already wanted to repair it, but did not documented it. Now i want to back it alive and here is my request.
    Do any of You got some schematic, pictures of inside or service manuals of this radio?
    On attached picture, you'll see two cables (blue and gray) which I do know where to connect. Probably it's something about "Sleep" function.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_745.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	2919Click image for larger version

Name:	image_746.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	2920
    Thank you for any help
    Pawel

In my experience with other Sony clocks, there are two wires connected to the earphone jack that have to be removed to allow the case to be removed more easily. Looks like whoever worked on that forgot to put them back.
    later I'll try to get a Sony out and see if I can help you more. Have to go to my real job.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Mackey, thank you for your interest!
      Problem is solved thanks to someone who scanned 1973 italian month periodical http://www.introni.it/pdf/Sperimenta...%201973_05.pdf
      There is a schematic of this radio on page 708 (98)

Now I have to only change the neon lamp and find proper bulb for scale backlighting

Best regards
      Pawel Click image for larger version

Name:	image_747.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	403.6 KB
ID:	2923

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for taking the time to post the schematic!
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

good evening. I bought a Sony 8RC-110 (AM) clock radio, I wanted to know if it is possible to convert it to FM radio, and if possible to have a photo where to see how it is illuminated in night mode, so that I can replace any light bulbs if they are burnt out. Thanks in advance and have a nice day. Thank you, Valerio Ganesh

Comment

Working...
          X