Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flip clock lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flip clock lights

where can i find flip clock light bulbs. i have a few clocks with burnt out lights and would like to replace them because they are really cool nice clocks!! pretty new to collecting please help!!!

eBay!
    What model clocks in particular
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Old discussion, I know. But I've been perusing your site and videos since I came across my flip clock in a thrift store find. It's a Sylvania SY-3545 (my reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/flipclocks/...m_medium=web2x) and works fantastically well, so there isn't much to restore!

Since I found it, I've tried everything to find a replacement neon lamp. There are no online manuals for the machine, so no record it exists. I have an electrical diagram for the whole circuit board, however the light used isn't listed. The old lamp used a 33kOhm resistor. I have used A1B, A1A, and C2A replacement neon lamps, but none have a significant brightness. I was wondering, in your experience, if you might know any replacement neon lamps I can try.

Comment

Actually, the C2A bulb is much brighter than I thought! I’ll keep it. If anyone ever comes across the original bulb type for the Sylvania, I would be interested to know.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.joness View Post
          Actually, the C2A bulb is much brighter than I thought! I’ll keep it. If anyone ever comes across the original bulb type for the Sylvania, I would be interested to know.
          These bulbs particularly look good in a darkened room. I think that was the original intent.
          ~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
          X