Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neon Glow Bulb Assemblies Being Fabricated

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neon Glow Bulb Assemblies Being Fabricated

Yes, that's right. I've decided to make brand new, high grade neon bulb assemblies to help keep all these older flip clocks with the orange neon glow lamps running and looking like they should. The bulb assemblies done right are not cheap to make. See the article for all the details.

I haven't decided if I'm going to list them on eBay or what I'm going to do just yet. Actually, I just got all the materials together today and only have two right now.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Video of creation of these bulbs.

Buy one or two on eBay

Comment

This is a great service. I've never had one of these neon bulbs totally die in one of my clocks but I'll probably get a few of these to keep on hand should that ever happen.

Comment

Great! I ordered two. I find that there is a big difference between "light works" in the eBay description, and "light works well enough to read the time at 3 AM."
        I now have three flip clocks (Houston we have a problem) and while the lights technically work on al of them, they all have a black coating on the inside of the bulb that blocks a substantial part of the output.

I notice the new NE-2H bulbs are 25,000 Average Rated Hours. I guess that the bulb is supposed to be replaced approximately every 3 years?

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
          Great! I ordered two. I find that there is a big difference between "light works" in the eBay description, and "light works well enough to read the time at 3 AM."
          I now have three flip clocks (Houston we have a problem) and while the lights technically work on al of them, they all have a black coating on the inside of the bulb that blocks a substantial part of the output.

I notice the new NE-2H bulbs are 25,000 Average Rated Hours. I guess that the bulb is supposed to be replaced approximately every 3 years?

Jeremy
          Technically, they're "rated" at 25,000 hrs but they probably went much longer. Especially the glow bulbs as they didn't burn out, they just faded away.
          I didn't realize that I was selling those to a FlipClockFan member. Sorry I screwed the shipping up. I finally figured how to configure the listing the way I wanted it to ring up.

Let us know when you get them.

Originally posted by nx_2000 View Post
          This is a great service. I've never had one of these neon bulbs totally die in one of my clocks but I'll probably get a few of these to keep on hand should that ever happen.
          Well, Def Leppard said, "It's better to burn out ... than fade away" But I don't think that should apply to flip clock lights.

Comment

These things are starting to sell. Quicker than I anticipated. Got to get making more.

Comment

New Makey made assembly received and installed today in a 1971 Magnavox.
              Before and after.

Comment

Great! Thanks for the before and after!

Comment

Note: Currently not selling on eBay. May go back up later.

Comment

do i give you model number? i have a few clocks that need lights....

Comment

Give me your model numbers and I'll see what I can do for you. I'm not familiar with all flip clocks, but I'll see what I have.

Comment

I'd definitely would be interested in these new bulbs. I have two GE 7-4321C's that I'm restoring. Thank you, Mackey for putting in the time to fabricate new bulb assemblys.

Comment

I'm sent you a PM. Good luck on your projects!

Comment

I recently imported some flip clock audio-timers (PP-215 variants) from japan, and would buy a few bulb assemblies if you had any materials left to construct more.

Comment

Originally posted by WestTec View Post
                              I recently imported some flip clock audio-timers (PP-215 variants) from japan, and would buy a few bulb assemblies if you had any materials left to construct more.
                              PM sent

Comment

Working...
                              X